The festival’s first major cooking competition, El Saber del Sabor, will be held during the Oaxaca Flavors Night party on Saturday, September 28, at the Oaxaca Cultural and Convention Center.
The first edition of the event showcases the cuisine of the Isthmus and the Central Valleys of Oaxaca.
- All cooks must be registered for the competition no later than August 28, 2019..
- Each dish entered into the competition must have a name.
- Ingredients and techniques used must represent their respective regions.
- Each entry must include a recipe.
- Each contestant must prepare at least 70 servings of each dish.
Awards will be given for Best Isthmeño Dish and Best Central Valleys Dish.
The jury will select the winning dish; all decisions are final.
Prizes for the winning dishes will be announced and distributed at the Oaxaca Flavors Night celebration.